Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PASS)
Women, men and family members –or even friends that have been involved in an abortion- may face barriers in the grieving process. This involvement may be the mother and father who aborted their child or a friend who knew but simply did nothing.
Some symptoms of PASS may include:
- Guilt- resulting from violating one’s own sense of right and wrong
- Anxiety- headaches, dizziness, pounding heart, abdominal cramps, difficulty sleeping, etc
- Avoidance behaviors – avoiding anything remindful of pregnancy and/or children
- Psychological “numbing” – withdrawing from emotionally intimate relationships
- Depression – sadness, sudden uncontrollable crying episodes, sleep and appetite disturbances, thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- Re-experiencing events related to the abortion- flashbacks and nightmares involving themes of lost or dismembered babies
- Preoccupation with becoming pregnant again – trying to replace lost child
- Anxiety over fertility and childbearing – being convinced that God will punish you by withholding future children
- Interruption or disruption of the bonding with present and/or future children
- Self-abuse/self-destructive behaviors – eating disorders, alcohol and/or substance abuse, cigarette smoking, abusive relationships, promiscuity, failure to talk care of one’s self medically
- Anniversary reactions – increase in symptoms around the time of the anniversary of the abortion or due date of the aborted child or both
- Brief psychotic disorder- a psychotic break from reality lasting for a short time within two weeks of the abortion
Adoption Referral & Support
We believe strongly in adoption and feel this is a loving plan for an unplanned pregnancy. We are not an adoption agency but will refer you to several reputable, Christian adoption agencies. We will also support you on your journey of making an adoption plan for your baby. Every child deserves the chance at a lifetime of love and caring.
Sexual Risk Avoidance Information & Support
Today decides what your tomorrow will look like. Here’s why it matters what you do: every time you have sex, you put yourself at risk-not just for pregnancy but for sexually transmitted infections/diseases and a broken heart. Neither condoms nor birth control are 100% effective in preventing pregnancy or STI’s/STD's. If you’ve already made mistakes, it’s not too late. Make a commitment starting today. Stand by your new commitment without compromise.
It’s not just about sex anymore! It’s about HEALTH, HOPE AND HAPPINESS!
Underlying all these topics is a desire to do the “right” thing. This desire comes from a “sense” of knowing there is “something bigger than ourselves out there”. We, as a Christian ministry, recognize that desire as God drawing us into a relationship with Him. We are here to support you spiritually while we are assisting you with life’s journey. We are Christians waiting to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ here in this world to support you no matter where you are or what you are going through. We are not here to judge you or condemn you. Allow us to share our Jesus with you. He loves you and wants the best for you.
323 13th Street
Franklin, PA 16323